- 1. In these terms and conditions:
- (a) “Lessor” is the company named as the hirer overleaf, and you are
- (b) “The Customer” either the person or the organisation by or on behalf of whom the vehicles are rented under these Terms and Conditions.
- (c) “Vehicle” means the vehicle overleaf.
- (d) “Authorised Driver” means the driver(s) additional to the customer approved and entered overleaf. The Customer will ensure thatany Authorised Driver will adhere with these terms and conditions.
- (e) “CDW” which means Collision Damage Waiver.
2. The Lessor agrees to rent and the Customer agrees to take the vehicle on the Terms and Conditions as set out herein.
3. The Customer will pay the Lessor on demand all charges due hereunder including where relevant, sums in respect of the CDW, surcharges, additional charges and VAT or other taxes required thereon.
4. CDW is available from the Lessor, surcharges and additional charges are subject to their terms of issue. The Lessor will always require a valid full driving licence held for at least 12 months (over 25) or two years (21-24) prior to the rental and reserves the right to inspect the licence. Driver abuse of the vehicle is excluded from these insurances. Vehicles for which CDW is taken out are rented to the Customer on condition that the Customer complies with the respective Terms and Conditions. Neither the Lessor nor its insurer will accept liability for loss or damage caused whilst a vehicle is rented to a Customer who does not comply with these conditions, and the Customer agrees to make payments necessary to put the Lessor in the position it would have been if the breach had not occurred. The Lessors insurance will not give the Customer complete cover the amount for which the Customer is not covered is called the excess. The Customer may be able to reduce the excess by paying an additional charge (if available) the excess box overleaf shows whether you have accepted or refused the option (if available) to pay the additional charge and the excess for which you are not covered. The Customer will supply any information concerning the driver(s) of the rented vehicle to the Lessor upon demand and undertakes to allow the Lessor direct access to the driver(s) of the vehicle and will fully cooperate in obtaining such access.
- 5. If the Customer indicates overleaf that you want to provide your own insurance for the vehicle the following terms apply;
- (a) it is your responsibility to insure the vehicle from the moment it is taken to the time of its return to the Lessor. The Customer must insure the vehicle to its full value, against any such loss or damage (including windscreen damage) by accident, fire or theft, under a comprehensive insurance policy with a reputable insurance company. The Customer must supply the Lessor with details whenever they are asked for, and the Customer must tell the insurance company to note the Lessors interest on the policy.
- (b) The Customer hereby authorise their insurer to communicate directly with the Lessor and give any information required in respect of validating insurance cover on the vehicle. The Customer must also authorise the Lessor to take over any claim which may relates to the hired vehicle, and to negotiate and settle directly with the insurer.
- (c) The Customer must not use or permit the vehicle to be used in breach of the insurance policy. If any monies are paid out under the policy which relates to the vehicle then the Customer must make sure that the money is paid directly to us.
- (d) If the vehicle is not comprehensively insured and the Lessor suffers a loss as a result, the Customer must compensate for that loss.
- (e) If for any reason the amount the Lessor receives from the insurance company is less than the loss that the Lessor suffers the Customer must pay the difference.
- (f) Any excess on the Customers policy is their responsibility.
- (g) If the Customer becomes aware of any changes to their policy the Lessor must be contacted immediately.
6. Any persons signing this rental agreement on behalf of a company must be authorised to do so, and if not so authorised will be personally liable to pay all sums due under this agreement to the extent that the company fails to pay them.
- 7. The maximum period for which you are allowed to keep the vehicle under this agreement is from/to the date and time overleaf. However,
- (a) The Lessor is entitled to terminate this agreement if the terms and conditions are broken and will do so if material breach occurs. IIf so, the Customer must return the vehicle immediately.
- (b) The Lessor shall be entitled to collect from the Customer the current vehicle earlier that the date overleaf, even if the Terms and Conditions of this agreement have not been broken, provided the Lessor acts fairly and reasonably in doing so and the Lessors provides a suitable comparable vehicle.
- (c) In any event the maximum period for which the Customer can hire is 90 Days.
- (d) The Customer can ask the Lessor to extend the vehicle giving 24 hrs notice of their intention of which the Lessor has the right to decline.
8. If the customer keeps the vehicle past the time and date of return indicated overleaf then the Customer will continue to be liable for and to pay the charges in accordance with our current tariff together with any costs or expenses that we reasonably and properly incurred as a result of a breach by the customer.
9. Except in circumstances where the Lessor has been negligent, the Lessor are not liable to the Customer for any loss or damage to any property that is carried outside or in the vehicle, Nor does the Lessor accept responsibility for any property which is left in the vehicle when it is returned. Further more if any third party brings a claim against the Lessor for property that is carried or left in the vehicle, the Customer must reimburse the Lessor for the claim.
- 10. The vehicle must not;
- (a) be taken out of England, Scotland or Wales without prior notice from the Lessor.
- (b) Be used otherwise than a public highway or a suitably paved area designed to carry motor vehicles.
- (c) Be used to propel or tow any other vehicle or trailer, unless it is equipped for the purpose and the Lessor has given their permission.
- (d) Be overloaded with weight of goods or number of persons.
- (e) Be used to carry any passengers for hire and reward or driving tuition unless prior notice has been given and the Customer Provides Its Own Insurance.
- (f) Be used for any unlawful purpose, racing, pacemaking, competitions or speed testing, nor must it be used in an unlawful manner.
- (g) Be used in such a way as to make the insurance invalid.
- (h) Be used in breach of any relevant legistration, regulation or bye law from time to time in force.
- 11. The vehicle will not be driven by any person;
- (a) Other than the Customer or any other authorised driver.
- (b) Who is under the age of 21. This may be modified by restrictions imposed by the Company relating to its vehicles from time to time.
- (c) Who has not held a driving licence for at least 12 month (See Section 4).
- (d) Who is under the influence of alcohol, hallucinatory drugs, narcotics and or barbiturates.
- (e) Whose driving licence is subject to restriction due to a disability or infirmity.
12. The Customer must not carry out any repairs if the cost amounts to more than £25.00 unless permission is obtained first from the Lessor. If repairs are authorised and are not due to carelessness the Lessor will refund the cost of the repairs providing the Customer produces a valid VAT receipt. However the Lessor reserves the right to not reimburse any repair costs not authorised.
- 13. The Customer is liable
- (a) for all penalties for offences committed under traffic regulations including but not restricted to; Parking Tickets, Clamping Fines, Compound Charges, Bus Lane Fines, Speeding Fines and Congestion Charges incurred during the rental period. If these remain unpaid by the Customer and are sent to the Lessor for payment by the relevant issuing authority an administration charge shall be made to the Customer in addition to the penalty cost which shall also be payable by the Customer.
- (b) At the termination of the rental it is the Customers responsibility to ensure that the vehicle is parked in a suitable place to allow collection at any time up to a period of 12 working hours from termination without imposition of any parking and clamping fines, towing or compound charges. If provision is not compiled with then the customer shall be responsible for such penalties. If theses remain unpaid please refer to 13(a).
- (c) The Customer is responsible for the payment of any civil penalty and restoration charges and loss of income whilst the Lessor can not rent the vehicle, if the vehicle is seized by Customs and Excise or the Immigration Authorities.
- 14. The Customer has a duty to ensure all reasonable care is taken to of the vehicle against damage or loss throughout the rental period.
- (a) This includes but is not restricted to responsibility for any loss or damage to the vehicle or its accessories as a result of theft occurring when the Customer has left the keys in or with the vehicle and the Customer Indemnifies the Lessor against any such loss or damage.
- (b) The customer undertakes to ensure that the vehicle will be returned with all tyres, tools audio equipment and any other accessories in the same condition as when received to the place and date set overleaf. If special cleaning, replacements or repairs are required once the vehicle is returned the Lessor will make a separate charge to cover the cost.
- 15. The Customer is responsible for;
- (a) Paying the costs of recovery in the event that the vehicle is not returned and in the event of a breakdown which is considered to be the fault of the hirer.
- (b) In the event of an accident to obtain all names and addresses of persons involved and to safeguard the Lessors interest.
- (c) Ensure all tyre pressures, oil coolant and screen wash levels are maintained throughout the hire.
- (d) Contacting the Lessor immediately to inform them of any fault in the vehicle and will not use the vehicle if it is in an unroadworthy condition. The Lessor provides a roadside assistance 24 hours a day in the case of a breakdown in the UK. Accident calls are excluded in this cover. In the event that the vehicle remains immobile after a call out the Lessor will endeavour but not guarantee a replacement at its own discretion.
- 16. The Customer acknowledges;
- (a) in the event of an accident their insurance excess will be asked for immediately and held until such time as a decision is made by the Lessors insurers on blame. If the Customer is at fault the Lessor is entitled to keep the excess for any repairs or claims. However if the Customer is not at fault the Excess will be refunded in full.
- (b) The Lessor is entitled to charge and credit or charge card nominated by the Customer at the time the rental is effective for any charges due to the Lessor pursuant to this agreement. © All vehicles are supplied with a Full Tank of Fuel and should be returned Full. Failure to do so the Customer accepts responsibility for the cost of such refuelling at the prevailing Lessors rate per litre. (Please ask the agent for current rates.)
17. If the Customer is a company and holds a credit account these terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with the Corporate Terms and Conditions of Trading given to the Customer at the time of opening the account as varied from time to time. In the event of any inconsistencies the Corporate Account will prevail.